05 July 2009

Curious Puppy

Misty is an inquisitive girl; sometimes its not good, other times its funny. One day we went out to the back yard and she immediately saw something in the plants growing in the rock wall so she went to check it out.


I went over and saw this slithery, brown tail in the grass and immediately thought it was a snake. So I did the "safe" thing and got a pair of chopsticks to wrestle it out of the grass.


Turned out not to be a snake but some amphibian lookin' lizard thing; here it is.....


Here it is in full length; it was at least 5 inches or so. After being in the ice cream bucket for a bit, I returned it to the rock wall and I'm hoping it doesn't grow much bigger.

3 comments:

  1. Todd can tell you what that creature is. Todd and Sam used to collect buckets of them not long after we moved into the house at 4801 114th St. For some reason we have not seen them around here for years.
    You have really been busy posting. Looks like you had an ideal day for picking strawberries.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sis,
    YIKES!!!! I thought the ones in our yard were big, don't bring um' here =).
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holey Crap! You picked that thing up with chopsticks?!! Crikeys!

    gwen

    ReplyDelete