31 March 2010

The Windy City

It's spring break for us, so we spent a few days in Chicago. It was a pleasant drive and since we didn't have to deal with an airport or luggage fees, I took my jumbo suitcase. I packed a variety of things because I didn't know what the weather would be like - it was a bit much, I admit, but so what?

We stayed at the Burnham Hotel, smack dab in the middle of downtown Chicago. Literally, out our hotel window, this was our view.

And to the left, was this. An entire block taken up by 9 floors of Macy's - holy cow batman! On my first venture to the store I only made it to the third floor. After buying a few things, I decided shopping had to end - Chicago has a 10.25% tax. The stuff I got on sale, no longer seemed like such a bargain.

1 comment:

  1. love the pics! Jake loves Chicago! We shall make it there one of these days!! The last time we were there we just landed and took off from there. Jake lives about a 2 hour drive away...more or less. looks like you folks and an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete