Here we are at the Gros Ventre Falls (Belly River Falls in English)
The water was very cold
The power and wonder of mother nature
Beautiful view of Cosley Lake
Picture perfect, just like in those nature calendars.
Someone took this nice photo.
Crossing another stream where we had a late lunch and I napped at the end of the bridge after going through the "forest from hell" as I called it. It was hot, humid and I was tuckered out. All I kept thinking was, "we have to be close to camp." We were very close, until someone didn't look at the sign carefully, consult the map, nor listen to the please of a tired soul that said, "I don't think this is right." Over a mile later, we arrived at the wrong campsite. However, it was a gorgeous location with spectacular views, we met a nice couple from New York, took a dip in the extremely cold mountain lake, and felt refreshed; next time we'll stay at this campsite. So we picked up our stuff and walked another mile plus to the correct campsite. What was supposed to be 7.2 miles turned out to be about 9.5 miles - but I did it! Yeah me!
No comments:
Post a Comment