26 January 2014

Special Announcement

We interrupt your regularly scheduled blog post with an important announcement....... the pack is alive, but we're a little cold. Here's the 6 am temperature for Monday, January 27..... I will NOT want to get out of bed. It is no better at 7:15 am when I have to walk from my car to my office (I will likely run and hope I don't slip on the ice). None of this may occur if my car doesn't start. Due to the last polar vortex, I had to replace the starter on my car (OUCH is another way of saying bye bye to $560).

My phone keeps alerting me to the situation we're; I receive weather updates like this:
 I understand the University of Minnesota (main twin cities campus) has cancelled classes for Monday, but staff must still report to work. No cancellations for us - bundle up, buck up and get in to work or class.

 And a second polar vortex wouldn't be enough fun, so throw in an explosion in Manitoba, Canada that has cut off the natural gas supply to the upper midwest.  Anyone want to visit? I have a fireplace and two really warm dogs (it's colder than a two dog night).

2 comments:

  1. yeah i hear you about cold...it is suppose to get colder this week for us as well...here is our 5 day:

    Today
    Jan 27
    Partly Cloudy 66°F

    Tue
    Jan 28
    Partly Cloudy 67°

    Wed
    Jan 29
    Partly Cloudy 71°

    Thu
    Jan 30
    Mostly Cloudy 68°

    Fri
    Jan 31
    Sunny 66°


    hahhahahahhahahahahhaa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! It's Gwen. I'm cold in Kaimuki. It's 71 degrees. Brrr… haha! We might hit high sixties in the middle of the night! Oh boy! :)

    ReplyDelete