Last week Thursday it was time to say goodbye bunnies. They were in their nests when I checked on them in the morning, but gone when I came home from work. Since they weren't in the nest, I walked around the yard, picking up Misty's poop, throwing out the compost, etc. No bunnies in site. Misty has missed lounging in her yard so while I made a snack, she lay in the grass, sunning herself. I should have known better than to let her do that, because in just a couple of minutes, she had gotten one of the baby bunnies. So it was bye-bye bunny in more than once sense of the phrase. I didn't scold Misty, it's not her fault, she was doing what she was bred to do, hunt. I however, felt so awful, extremely guilty, and regretful. Although the bunnies weren't in their nest, I should have known they'd be close by. Sorry mama bunny, hope your 4 other little ones are doing well. We haven't seen any signs of bunnies since, though Misty is vigilant and keeps checking.
No comments:
Post a Comment